At The Malvern we are committed to bringing you a safe and comfortable environment to return to when the time is right. Our approach to health, safety and hygiene is paramount to our guests, members, staff and suppliers. With this in mind our social distancing and cleanliness measures are being elevated to ensure you feel safe and comfortable. We are closely monitoring the ever-changing situation and will revise our policies constantly to ensure they meet current guidance. This document is our guide on how we intend to navigate this situation, what processes we are putting in place and to offer you reassurance that your time at The Malvern will still be the relaxing experience you deserve.
COVID 19 Audit
We have signed The Malvern up to The Covid Hospitality Audit, created by The Mystery Partnership. We know our guests will feel more secure knowing that the measures we are taking throughout are being independently audited. The Mystery shopper partnership are specialists in the luxury Hotel and Hospitality industry with over 15 year’s experience worldwide. We have been using them to assess our quality standards for the past 8 years and know that their expertise will be invaluable at this time. We are treating both our customer and staff's safety around Covid 19 as a top priority and the Covid Hospitality Audit supports us by measuring The Malvern against 50 best practice standards in the Hospitality Industry and Government guidance.
Hygiene and Sanitation
- Sanitiser stations will be located at all entrances and exits to each area of the building, including those for the spa pool.
- We are fitting special Clear Air units from hygiene specialist company Citron in key areas of our building, along with additional mobile units. These are an environmentally friendly solution, which using the latest UV technology, removes malodours by eliminating airborne and surface bacteria and kills 99.5% of all airborne viruses. It uses 4 types of technology, operates around the clock and is chemical free.
- Our housekeeping and spa host teams will be working to new enhanced cleaning and sanitising schedules which will be visible around the building.
- Key touch points such as reception areas, lift buttons, door handles will be cleaned every 15 minutes.
- Team members will be given adequate PPE for their roles and will have their temperature recorded on arriving at work. If they present with a temperature over 38 degrees they will be sent home and not permitted to enter the building.
- Dedicated PPE disposal units are being brought in to ensure adequate removal.
- Recyclable, environmentally conscious single use menu’s will be introduced.
- We will be offering disposable cutlery and glassware for customers who prefer this.
- Tables will be deep cleaned after each sitting.
- Through QR coding’s guest will have access to view our menus’ and order via their mobile phones enabling reduced contact with our waiting staff.
- Tables in restaurant are being spaced for 2 metre social distancing and to allow for distanced order taking with our servers.
- Table only service with no ordering at the bar.
- We will be offering a continental breakfast box as opposed to a breakfast buffet. No buffet items will be available.
- Cancellation policies are being amended for greater flexibility. Our usual policy is 72hr notice for all cancellations to avoid a 100% charge. In light of the current situation we have amended this to allow for bookings to be moved to an alternative date up to 24hrs prior to arrival. If you cancel within 72hrs of your arrival date, then your stay will be fully chargeable*
- Guests with any symptoms are asked not to visit The Malvern for any reason. These include symptoms such as a fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, body aches, sore throat, or other symptoms identified by the HSE.
- There will be signage in all areas to ensure guest compliance, along with reminders for social distancing and one-way systems where appropriate.
*Your reservation will be transferred to a gift voucher or moved to an alternative date free of charge if either The Malvern are required to close during your stay dates or if your area enters into tier two (high) or tier three (very high) of imposed government measures.
- We will be introducing pre-arrival registration forms to ensure a swift check in at the hotel, along with an express check out option.
- There will be markers in reception to denote social distancing from our reception team.
- Room keys will be sanitised and left in your room ready for you, a designated key drop will be used on check out.
- Room servicing will be done by one member of staff and will be optional during your stay.
- Any unnecessary furnishings and reading materials have been removed from rooms.
- Contactless room service will be available from a limited menu.
- Breakfast seating times will be booked in advance and must be adhered to.
- We will be using Perspex screening in between any equipment where we cannot achieve social distancing.
- A one-way system is being adopted to ensure limited interaction.
- Class sizes are being reduced to 9 indoors and 14 outdoors with a new timetable.
- Gym members are using a booking system to book their workout and spa slots, this will ensure we have complete control over the number of guests in the building at one time.
- Spa day numbers are being reduced in line with current social distancing measures and each guest will be designated their own lounger and restaurant table prior to arrival.
- Lounger towels will be changed frequently throughout the day.
- Our grand salon and relaxation lounge have been carefully planned to allow for social distancing.
- If guests are using the facilities together from the same household, we will be placing their loungers together for comfort.
- Pool loungers are not to be moved for any reason as they have been spaced to allow for social distancing.
- Our outdoor pool and fire pit seating area have been arranged for comfortable social distancing
- Heat experience areas will be limited to a maximum of 2 people in the saunas and salt grotto and a maximum of 3 people in the steam room. Guests are asked to help us by following these measures. Please note the saunas & steam rooms are currently closed in line with government guidance.
- The spa pool will have a maximum capacity of 18 guests at one time. There will always be a host in attendance on poolside to monitor the number of guests.
- Changing rooms will be separated into separate areas for spa day guests and members. Hotel guests will be asked to use their bedrooms.
- Shampoo/shower gels are being removed from showers. Guests are asked to bring their own amenities
- Designated entrances will be used by each team to enter and exit the building.
- Teams have all been issued new procedure documents to follow surrounding our new standards of working.
- Teams have completed a COVID-19 E-learning safety course.
- Teams will stay in their designated areas throughout the day and not mix with other teams.
- A designated Duty manager will be on hand to assist at all times.
Social distancing and compliance
- In order to ensure a calm and comfortable environment for all, and to comply with current social distancing regulations, we will be limiting numbers of guests across all areas of our business. We will be able to offer complete confidence in the number of guests using our facility.
- All guests will be met on arrival by our dedicated Arrivals Manager, who will offer clear guidance on the next stages of your visit.
- We will be asking all guests to have their temperature checked on arrival. Anyone who’s temperature is recorded as 38 degrees or above will be asked not to enter the building. It is recommended that you check your own temperature prior to arrival to avoid disappointment.
Our goal is to create a safe, secure and welcoming environment for our loyal customers and for our teams. We will provide you with the best experience possible whilst you relax and enjoy The Malvern Spa, Hotel, Restaurant and Health Club. Let’s create some more special memories together.
If you wish to view our COVID-19 Risk assessment please click here